Humboldt Co. Little Stint relocated 8/16

  • Tom Leskiw
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2011
      Birders,
      Today 8/16 I relocated the Little Stint found yesterday by Daryl Coldren and Rob Hewitt. The bird was seen briefly around 10 am. Low tide appears to be the best bet for seeing large flocks of peeps at Crab Park proper (proximal to high tide, the shorebirds fly upriver and are more readily seen on the river bar on the south side of Cock Robin Island).

      ONE CORRECTION TO DARYL'S DIRECTIONS: one would take Cannibal Island Rd, NOT Copenhagen Rd, west from Loleta to the parking area at Crab Park. There are no facilities here, just a parking area surrounded by large boulders.

      best,
      Tom Leskiw
      Eureka, CA