Farallon Islands Trip Report & Images

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2011
      Hello, Birders,

      Shearwater Journeys' pelagic trip to the Farallon Islands on 7 August was a resounding success. Not only did we find many TUFTED PUFFINS, but also two "bonus" seabirds´┐Ż an adult BROWN BOOBY and a LAYSAN ALBATROSS! Everyone enjoyed sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge, excellent views of Alcatraz Island and the iconic San Francisco skyline on the return to port. Of course, seabirds were incredibly abundant. The marine mammal show was no disappointment, either.

      The full trip report and species list can be found at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/08/trip-report-august-7-2011-farallon.html

      Additional images at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/08/farallon-islands-august-7-2011-more.html

      Our very next trip, with spaces available is Friday, August 12, departing from Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf at 7 am. Please email me, if you would like to join us. Our first five trips of the fall 2011 season have been nothing short of spectacular!

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      SVALBARD HIGH ARCTIC BIRDS & POLAR BEARS: 28 June- 8 July 2013 with Debi