Re: [CALBIRDS] RFI Falcated Duck

  • TOMLESKIW@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2002
      Birders,
      On March 30 John Hunter and I looked for the Falcated Ducks that were
      reported at the Elk River WL area (Humboldt Co.) on March 28. We were
      unsuccessful. I spoke to Mel McKinney, who reported them. Although not an
      avid birder, he's a long-time (retired) waterfowl hunter and his details of
      one female and one male Falcated Duck sounded credible to me. He didn't see
      any bands on the birds.

      Tom Leskiw
      Eureka, CA

      In a message dated 4/4/02 4:57:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, scre@...
      writes:

      << Any recent sightings of the Falcated Duck at Honey Lake or the Northern
      Shrike there? What about the possible Falcated Ducks in Eureka? Thanks.

      David Vander Pluym
      UCSC