Update: July 30, 31, August 1 Half Moon Bay

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2011
      Howdy, Seabirders,

      This is just a quick update regarding Shearwater Journeys' pelagic
      trips scheduled to depart from Huck Finn Sportfishing, Pillar Point,
      Half Moon Bay with two very key points.

      1. The marine forecast could not be better! Seas, winds (or lack
      thereof), and swell are forecast to be extremely favorable. Please
      dress very warmly. This is according to the NOAA reports on line, as
      of this morning.

      2. The Terrafin charts show strong potential for the combination of
      events which I feel are necessary for having a chance of finding
      COOK'S PETRELS. I would put our odds well above 50%, and that might
      be very conservative. There is a warm water edge, which given the
      good marine forecast, we should be able to reach with no problem. Not
      having sufficient winds does make me nervous, except for the fact
      that we have been able to find flocks of Cook's Petrels, sitting on
      the water on our past trips. This is based on my thirtysix years of
      seabirding experience off the central coast of California.

      Spaces are still available on all three trips, although you do need
      to pre-register. I can only be reached by email at this time. We will
      cover both SAN MATEO and SAN FRANCISCO COUNTIES on these trips.
      Please find the dates and leaders are below:

      Sat, July 30: Leaders: Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Todd McGrath,
      Jon Feenstra, Tristan McKee, Wes Fritz, Debi Shearwater.
      Sun, July 31: Leaders: Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Todd McGrath,
      Jon Feenstra, Tristan McKee, Wes Fritz, Debi Shearwater.
      Mon, Aug 1: Leaders: Todd McGrath, Jon Feenstra, Wes Fritz, Tristan
      McKee, Joe Morlan.

      Excellent leaders, excellent forecast and warm water edge� couldn't
      be better.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      SVALBARD: High Arctic Seabirds & Polar Bears, Walrus: 28 June-8 July,
      2013