RFI Falcated Duck

  • scre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 4:55 PM
      Any recent sightings of the Falcated Duck at Honey Lake or the Northern
      Shrike there? What about the possible Falcated Ducks in Eureka? Thanks.

      David Vander Pluym
      UCSC

    • TOMLESKIW@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 9:06 AM
        Birders,
        On March 30 John Hunter and I looked for the Falcated Ducks that were
        reported at the Elk River WL area (Humboldt Co.) on March 28. We were
        unsuccessful. I spoke to Mel McKinney, who reported them. Although not an
        avid birder, he's a long-time (retired) waterfowl hunter and his details of
        one female and one male Falcated Duck sounded credible to me. He didn't see
        any bands on the birds.

        Tom Leskiw
        Eureka, CA