CA Bird Species of Special Concern online tools
- The Department of Fish and Game and PRBO Conservation Science are very pleased to present a new California Bird Species of Special Concern (BSSC) website http://data.prbo.org/apps/bssc/. The site provides access to the 2008 monograph, species accounts, and other supporting information. Most importantly however, the site allows users to:
* Suggest specific criteria score changes for any taxa originally nominated
* Nominate and score new taxa for consideration
* Upload materials (reports, publications, etc.) that support the suggested changes
* Download the full BSSC dataset
Hence, this is your opportunity to suggest score changes and potentially influence the next revision of the Bird Species of Special Concern. Please register and give it a try.
The website has other cool features as well:
* Map-based Access to Avian Data Summaries http://data.prbo.org/apps/bssc/index.php?page=range-maps-by-species. This is an interactive map that allows you to aggregate several data sets (e.g., eBird, BBS, PRBO) to show species presence, filter by month, overlay various boundaries (Important Bird Areas), and even draw your own polygons and retrieve information specific to it.
* View projected changes in habitat suitability for several bird species under several climate change scenarios http://data.prbo.org/apps/bssc/index.php?page=bird-distribution-map
* Download a report that summarizes the projected effects of climate change in California http://data.prbo.org/apps/bssc/uploads/Ecoregional021011.pdf
Thomas Gardali, Director
Pacific Coast and Central Valley Group
PRBO Conservation Science
Palomarin Field Station, P.O. Box 1157, Bolinas, CA 94924
www.prbo.org<http://www.prbo.org/cms/index.php> | Please follow PRBO on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/PRBOConservationScience?ref=search>
PRBO conserves birds, other wildlife, and ecosystems through innovative scientific research and outreach.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]