Monterey Seabirds half day trip this Sat.

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2011
      Monterey Seabirds has a half day trip on the schedule for next Saturday,
      July 23. The trip will run from 9am to 2 pm. You can drive from the Bay
      area in the morning and be home in the afternoon without having to spend
      the night.

      Blue Whales are currently being seen in good numbers. Last Friday
      morning's Monterey Bay Whale Watch trip saw 18. Last week Skipper
      Richard Ternullo reported 2 TUFTED PUFFINS and a few XANTUS' MURRELETS.

      We were hoping that these half day trips might appeal to those who don't
      think they have the stamina for an all day trip on the ocean. Right now
      we need about ten more birders to make the trip a go. If you like the
      idea of half day pelagic trips we need your support. These trips are
      suitable for kids and families.

      If you are one of those who has suffered from seasickness then try
      Scopace on one of these shorter trips. It really works and I have some
      to share. Sharon Hull sent me this note earlier in the week:

      " Roger - just finishing a 5 week Alaska trip during which I was on and
      off boats constantly, often in pretty rough seas. Our friend Scopace
      made it all possible! Thanks again for introducing me to that wonder drug."

      Cost for the half day trip is $50 and kids under 12 are $40. Call 831
      375-4658 to reserve or do it online at http://www.montereyseabirds.com

      Hope you can make it!
      Roger for Monterey Seabirds
      Soquel Canyon