Yolo Co, Little Stint still present as of 1:30pm 7-17-11

  • naturestoc@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2011
      Hi all. The Little Stint was still present as of 1:30pm today. The management of the wetlands allowed me (I was the last one standing!) to stay till 2pm if I wanted. The regular hours are 7am till 1pm.

      The flock of shorebirds was flush up by a peregrine at around 12:45pm, they settled back in about 15 minutes later. I was able to refind the Stint and watch it for about 30 minutes until the flock was once again flushed by the falcon. The falcon doesn't seem to actually be interested in the small shorebirds (but they are in it!!).

      Dan Brown,
      Sacramento,
      www.naturestoc.smugmug.com