Banded Brown Pelican on San Clemente Island

  • Lance Benner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2011
      All,

      I'm forwarding a message from Justyn Stahl (who does not subscribe to
      Calbirds) about a brown pelican with a band found on San Clemente
      Island.

      --Lance

      Lance Benner
      Altadena, CA

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2011
        International Bird Rescue (IBR)is currently doing a post release study on rehabilitated brown pelicans in California. Each brown pelican rehabilitated and released from the clinics in Northern and Southern California are fitted with a blue color band with white lettering and a silver federal band.

        This particular bird was banded and released 2/17/2009 as an "after third year" bird in Berkeley. If you see any of the birds please report them to the bird banding lab and reporting them directly to International Bird Rescue would be greatly appreciated as well.

        Below is the link and when reporting them to IBR just go to "Contact" and there is a link that says, "Report Blue Banded Pelicans".

        http://bird-rescue.org/

        Susan Kaveggia
        Newport Beach, CA