BODEGA BAY PELAGIC TRIPS

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2011
      Howdy, Birders,

      Spaces are still available on all three of our departures from Bodega
      Bay:

      AUG 17, SEP 14 and OCT 14TH. More details about Bodega Bay trips can
      be found at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/07/bodega-bay-bodega-
      canyon-cordell-bank.html

      If this year is anything like last year, and it might well be based
      on the advance reports that I've had, our August trip could be quite
      sensational. Certainly, the August 11, 2010 trip was! Highlights of
      that trip included: 100 BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSSES, 2 or 3 LAYSAN
      ALBATROSSES, 6 BULLER'S SHEARWATERS, 1000 SOOTY SHEARWATERS, 300 ASHY
      STORM-PETRELS, 100 RED PHALAROPES, 300+ LONG-TAILED JAEGERS, 7
      PARASITIC JAEGERS, 4 POMARINE JAEGERS, 300+ SABINE'S GULLS, 70 ARCTIC
      TERNS, 1000+ CASSIN'S AUKLETS, and one TUFTED PUFFIN. We broke the
      record for the all time high count of Long-tailed Jaegers in the
      State of California, in one day! These are only the highlights. We
      saw more! Marine mammals were no less spectacular, with 4 SPERM
      WHALES being the highlight, if Sperm Whales can upstage Blue Whales?
      The complete species list is at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/07/trip-report-
      august-11-2010-bodega.html

      For an update on our other trips: The Farallon Islands trip on August
      7 is SOLD OUT. The Albacore trip from Monterey on September 10 is
      SOLD OUT. Limited spaces are available on our Fort Bragg departures,
      August 19, 20, 21 and 22. These trips can be combined with the Bodega
      Bay trip on August 17th. Drive the scenic Highway 1 north from Bodega
      Bay to Fort Bragg on August 18th, and enjoy some terrific birding
      during fall migration at places like the Russian River, Miner's Hole
      Road, etc. Advance reservations are necessary. Please email me as
      soon as possible.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      SVALBARD: High Arctic Seabirds & Polar Bears, Walrus: 28 June-8 July,
      2013