Fwd: [CB] Fw: [nwcalbird] RED-N. STINT, Great-t. Grackles, in Del Norte Co.

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2011
      Chet Ogan called me this morning to report that the Red-necked Stint is still there.

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695
      530 908-3836
      jsterling@...

      www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Chet ogan <chet_ogan@...>
      > Date: July 6, 2011 9:19:20 PM PDT
      > To: countybirders@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [CB] Fw: [nwcalbird] RED-N. STINT, Great-t. Grackles, in Del Norte Co.
      >
      > CBers,
      > Lucas Brug found a Breeding plumaged Red-necked Stint at Alexandre Dairy,
      > Del Norte County. See Alan Barron's message below. To get to Alexandre Dairy
      > on Lower Lake Road take 101 north to Morehead Rd (last road before crossing
      > Smith River). Go left (west) on Morehead and north on Bailey Rd also known as
      > Lake Earl Drive, turn right (west) on Mosely Rd, follow it to its end, turn
      > right (north) at the intersection onto Lower Lake Road. The large pond at the
      > dairy is on the right about a half mile north of Mosely.
      > Alan Barron also reported 260+ Elegant Terns in Crescent City Harbor, Crested
      > Caracara was near HWY 101 37 mile marker north of the Smith River. Great-tailed
      > Grackles were around the above described pond. Shorebirds are on the move south.
      > Lake Tolowa near the Pacific Shores defunct subdivision is worth checking out.
      > Good birding
      >
      > Chet Ogan
      > chet_ogan@...
      > 707-442-9353

    • Ken Burton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2011
        Alan Barron concluded, and the rest of us present agreed, that this bird
        is a LITTLE STINT. I have posted photos in a new CALBIRDS folder.

        Ken Burton
        Arcata