Yosemite Valley Drama: Goshawk vs Mallard

  • debbieviess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      While touring a rainy, flooded and wildflower-strewn Yosemite Valley yesterday, I witnessed a goshawk exploding out of the riparian woods and dropping onto a mallard about to land on the open water. At the last minute, the hawk veered away, probably in response to the Park visitors that were standing nearby.

      Score one for the duck.

      At least the summer tourist hordes are good for something! ;)

      Debbie Viess
      Oakland, CA