Lesser Sand-Plover

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2011
      The sightings were this morning, Sat. June 25th, 2011

      Joel Weintraub
      Dana Point, CA
    • John Luther
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2013
        Lesser Sand-Plover continued at Pajaro Dunes in Santa Cruz Co this morning, Aug 4.  Jim Lomax, Brian Sullivan and I first saw it at 6:10 AM and continued watching it for about 45 minutes when other birders started to arrive and we left.  This is a private housing complex, but the guard let us in with no problem.  The housing complex is at the west end of Beach Road off highway 101 in Watsonville.  Brian Sullivan has posted an ebird report for this morning.  We walked out the stairs to the beach from the north end of Puffin Lane.  The bird was straight out from the stairs at 6:10 and then moved north in the dry sand.

        John Luther

      • Brian Sullivan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2013
          Hi all,

          Here is a link to the checklist with photos and some poor video:

          Thanks

          Brian

          On Sunday, August 4, 2013, John Luther wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Lesser Sand-Plover continued at Pajaro Dunes in Santa Cruz Co this
          > morning, Aug 4. Jim Lomax, Brian Sullivan and I first saw it at 6:10 AM
          > and continued watching it for about 45 minutes when other birders started
          > to arrive and we left. This is a private housing complex, but the guard
          > let us in with no problem. The housing complex is at the west end of Beach
          > Road off highway 101 in Watsonville. Brian Sullivan has posted an ebird
          > report for this morning. We walked out the stairs to the beach from the
          > north end of Puffin Lane. The bird was straight out from the stairs at
          > 6:10 and then moved north in the dry sand.
          >
          > John Luther

          *Brian L. Sullivan

          eBird Project Leader *
          www.ebird.org