Glossy Ibis still at San Jacinto Wildlife Area

  • Paul Keller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2011
      The Glossy Ibis reported for the last few days on the
      inlandcountybirds listserv was still at the San Jacinto Wildlife
      Area, RIV this Friday. I found it at about 3PM and left it at about
      4PM. From the back corner blue outhouse mentioned in one of these
      posts one can see through the scope a sign—W-5. The GLIB was feeding
      and preening beyond that sign by itself though in neighboring ponds
      there were hundreds of White-faced Ibis.
      Evidently part of Davis Rd north of the entrance was closed thereby
      discombooberating my Google directions. Perhaps 215 south to Ramona
      Expressway east to Davis Rd north to the entrance might work better.

      Paul Keller
      SB Vandenberg Village