Invitation to LA Audubon Society monthly meeting

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2011
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon Society's
      monthly meeting, 7:00pm (special start-up time), Wednesday April 14,
      2010 in Plummer Park, 7335 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA
      90046, room 1 in the Community Hall. Free parking is available in
      Plummer Park and additional parking is available from the Fountain
      Ave. entrance.

      Wednesday, June 8, 2011 is Photo Night!

      From digiscoping to point and shoot photography to serious SLR
      shots, we all have our favorite photos that we would love to share.
      Birders enjoy hearing tales of adventure, and tonight is your chance
      to come in and share fond memories illustrated by a few of your own
      photos. Everyone is invited to bring in their favorite top five bird
      photos. If you'd like to participate, please bring five (or less) of
      your favorite bird photos. All levels are welcome. Bring your photos
      in [.jpg] format on a thumb drive or CD to show on a laptop. Be
      prepared to say a little something on each photo, such as species,
      time of year, location and photo equipment.

      All photographers, please email us of your intent to participate at:
      fldtrip@..., and arrive at the meeting at 7:00 p.m.

      We will also feature a short identification talk on our small owls by
      Mary and Nick Freeman.

      Our next meeting will be held on September 14, 2011: John Sterling:
      "The Bird-Friendly Coffee Movement"

      This is the final meeting of the season - go birding!

      Happy Birding!

      Mary Freeman

      Glendale, CA

      Los Angeles Audubon Society Program Chair and Fieldtrip Leader

      http://losangelesaudubon.org/