April 30 Condor Express photos - Upcoming trips

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 9:44 PM
      Birders,

      I have set-up an album with Some Murphy's photos as well as some other goodies from our recent deepwater trip on the Condor Express. The pics are at:

      http://www.facebook.com/SoCalPelagics

      You can sign-up for our news feed and get all the latest news on our trips.

      There are a number of trips coming up, including a 12 hour trip out of San Diego May 14th, a two-day trip on the awesome Searcher also from San Diego, as well as the annual Los Angeles Audubon trip to see the Island Scrub-Jay and pelagic June 4.

      details for all these trips can be found at socalbirding.com

      Our next petrel-hunting trip to the deepwater off Santa Barbara will be July 23rd. once again you can check socalbirding.com or call Sealanding at 888-77whale toll-free to sign-up.

      One of the questions I am frequently asked is "What's the best trip to see Hawaiian Petrel?" The answer is easy. Shearwater Journey's August Ft Bragg trips are hands-down the best. I have seen 3 different Hawaiian's in 4 August weekends with Debi out of Ft Bragg.
      The Socal Pelagics Facebook page has some photos of last year's bird as well as some of the other goodies from my two trips with Debi last August.

      www.shearwaterjourneys.com will have all the details on Debi's four trips scheduled this August. They are back-to-back and are worth a trip from anywhere. Of course Debi will also be running her full summer and fall schedule from all the usual places.

      I hope to sea you at sea.

      Good Seabirding,

      Todd McGrath
      skua@...