Fwd: [nwcalbird] COMMON CRANE in Del Norte Co.

  • Christopher Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011
      ----- Forwarded message from Alan Barron <flockfinder@...> -----

      > From: Alan Barron <flockfinder@...>
      > Date: May 5, 2011 1:20:25 PM PDT
      > To: NWCalbird <nwcalbird@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [nwcalbird] COMMON CRANE in Del Norte Co.
      >

      > Around noon I found a COMMON CRANE near the southeastern end of Lake Earl.
      > Bird is easily seen from Lakeview Drive which turns off of Lake Earl Drive about 3 miles north of Crescent City. On Lakeview, go to the last house on your right before the lake. Just past this is a pasture between the house and a line of Sitka Spruce along the lake edge. Bird foraging in this field. Photos taken.
      > --------Alan D. Barron

    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2011
        Thanks to a generous contribution from Alan Barron, a photo of the COMMON
        CRANE taken this evening can be seen on the WFO web site:

        http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/

        Click on thumbnail for larger images.

        Enjoy!

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
        Birding Classes start Sep 14 http://fog.ccsf.edu/jmorlan/