RE: [CALBIRDS] Not birds - sorry. Sperm Whales!!

  • Rich Stallcup
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2011
      THANKS AL, for that amazing report.

      One time (JUNE 1986) I scoped six Sperm Whales from the
      Point Reyes Lighthouse observation deck. They were plowing
      SSW towards Southeast Farallon.

      After over 200 pelagic trips off California I have only seen one
      Sperm whale at sea. That was an individual that herded with Humpbacks for
      several weeks (or months) just west of the Farallons but still
      above the Continental Shelf.

      RICH