San Benito County Big Day

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      Hello, Birders,

      Yesterday, Scott Terrill, Steve Rottenborn, Don Doolittle and I broke
      the San Benito County Big Day record with 155 species. The previous
      record was 149, held by Steve Rovell and R.J. Adams in 2006. A full
      report will follow.

      Some of the highlights included: two female CALLIOPE HUMMINGBIRDS at
      Vista Hill Park in downtown Hollister; two SOLITARY SANDPIPERS on
      private property; a WHITE-FACED IBIS and CACKLING GEESE at San Felipe
      Lake and a HAMMOND'S FLYCATCHER, along with fantastic warbler flocks
      on San Juan Canyon Road.

      More to follow,
      Debi Shearwater

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      SVALBARD: High Arctic Seabirds & Polar Bears, Walrus: 8-18 July 2012