Murphy's and Cook's Petrels off CA this week, trip this Sat from Santa Barbara

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011
      Birders,

      a research cruise off central CA is recording numbers of Murphy's and Cook's Petrels, as well as one Short-tailed Albatross. There are still a few spots (3 or so) for this weekend's deepwater trip out of Santa Barbara. While birds off central CA do not guarantee this trip will see them, we have had pretty good luck on the Condor Express with last year's trip recording both species.

      April 30th deepwater trip:

      The boat leaves Santa Barbara at 700AM,meet at 630AM call 88877whale to reserve your spot. cost is $195 and is sponsored by the LA Audubon Society. trip is 13-14 hours band will head to the edge of the shelf, but some years we have recorded the petrels just west of San Miguel Island.

      visit socalbirding.com for a complete list of Socal trips.

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Calabasas CA