Possible Zone-tailed Hawk

  • Ruth Rudesill
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011
      Hi - I just got a call from a friend who is a long time outdoorsman , a bird watcher, but not a birder, who told me he was watching a strange hawk soaring over his house in Tracy, San Joaquin Co. near the MacArthur Exit.

      From his descirption, it sounded very much like a Zone-tailed Hawk. He was excited as he said he has never seen a hawk that looked like this before.

      So not a positive sighting, but if you happen to be traveling in that area - keep a look out in the skies.

      (I would've posted this to CV Birds but I no longer belong to that group.)

      Ruth Rudesill
      Kenwood Sonoma Co