TICKET AVAILABLE - April 30 (Saturday) Deepwater Pelagic out of Santa Barbara

  • Monte
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2011
      Calbirders,

      Due to an unexpected change in my itinerary I'm holding a ticket that is available for the April 30th, Saturday, Deepwater Pelagic on the Condor Express out of Santa Barbara.

      If interested please contact me off-list at tsuru8@.... The ticket cost me $195.

      This is a fantastic pelagic (have gone the last three years) that has very high possibilities for Cook's Petrel along with possible Murphy's Petrel, Laysan and Black-footed Albatross, Leach's and Ashy Storm-Petrels, and other April-May rarities on the Condor Express have included Hawaiian Petrel, Parakeet Auklets, and both Tufted and Horned Puffins.

      This is a speedy and comfortable ship - the Condor Express - that has hot meals in the spacious (seats 55) galley.

      Spring is a fabulous time to bird the Southern CA bight and offshore waters, and is the only time to reasonably hope to see the emigmatic Murphy's Petrel. No other boat available to birders can take us out to the shelf and back in a 12-14 trip. Plenty of time out in the deepwater to bring birds in to the boat.

      Departs Santa Barbara promptly at 700 AM, so arrive by 630 AM to facilitate check-in and loading.

      Monte Taylor
      tsuru8@...