Re: [CALBIRDS] Brown Shrike seen lately?

  • Ken Burton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2011
      It was seen at least as recently as Sunday. It's not being looked for
      much anymore.

      Ken Burton
      Arcata

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
        Laurie Lawrence and I looked for it yesterday between about 2:30 and
        3:30 p.m. and didn't see it. We chose that time to get a low tide
        for crossing White Widow Creek, and by then it was pretty windy along
        the coast. We understand that wind keeps the shrike hunkered down.

        Jan Andersen
        Eureka
        On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:53 PM, Ken Burton wrote:

        > It was seen at least as recently as Sunday. It's not being looked for
        > much anymore.
        >
        > Ken Burton
        > Arcata

      • fowlerope
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
          Gary Lester (the orig. finder) saw the bird this morning. It was present between the 2 ponds. Gary has missed it at least twice recently. I'm not sure what the conditions, time of day, etc. were when Gary had missed it.

          Good luck.

          Rob Fowler
          McKinleyville, CA