How do you recognize birds?

  • whimsical_elephant
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2011
      Hi Birders!

      My name is Ori Amir, I'm a grad student at the University of Southern California. We are currently doing a study on how bird experts and amateurs distinguish between different birds. This is my lab website:
      geon.usc.edu

      In order to study this question, we composed a survey which I'd be very appreciative if some of you can take:
      https://usc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6sMvNFDku67eyiw

      I will be happy to post the results of the survey to the forum when we have them.
      Many Thanks!
      Ori
    • Chuck & Lillian
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 10:44 AM
        Birders:

        You may be interested in this article of regional importance, which appears today on the blog site of the Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society.
        Link: http://smbasblog.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/new-hummingbird-species-discovered-in-los-angeles-county/

        yours,
        Chuck Almdale
        North Hills, Ca.