Reposting of Ash Canyon BB with email addresses

  • Frances Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2011
      Subject: Potential Closure of Ash Canyon B&B Feeding Station
      From: Mary Jo Ballator <2mjb@ MINDSPRING.COM>
      Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:00:15 -0700

      Dear Birders,

      Due to a neighborhood dispute regarding public access over a private road
      easement, there is a very real possibility that I may have to close my property
      to birders after nine years of continuous operation with no complaints or
      opposition.

      I have already asked for support from a few of you, and I am very grateful for
      having received that support. The opposition has continued to escalate,
      however, and I am now asking for help from the extended birding community, both
      with e-mailing letters of support and attendance at the upcoming hearing on
      April 12 at 10:00 a.m. in Bisbee. I have been advised to get as many people as
      possible to show up at the hearing and to speak on behalf of keeping this bird
      feeding station open. If you wish to see this place continue, *now* is the
      critical time to act.

      I am hopeful that an overwhelming show of support from the birding community
      will go a long way toward convincing the Board of Supervisors that my feeding
      station is a community resource that serves many people even beyond the birding
      community and helps to generate a sustainable economic base for Cochise County,
      as well as serving the birds of these Sky Islands and beyond.

      Please reply to me off list if you require additional information, or if you
      can help.

      Letters (via e-mail) should contain a reference to Ash Canyon B&B and my parcel
      number 104-21-022, and should be written by Friday April 1, as they need time
      to be compiled and submitted to the decision makers well in advance of the
      meeting. Please send me a copy, because some previous letters of support
      evidently got lost in the ether.

      Send e-mail to Mr. Keith Dennis, kdennis@... with a CC to me, 2mjb@... the Board of Supervisors meeting and sign up to speak at the meeting.
      Get there a few minutes early so you can fill out a form to speak, briefly, at
      the meeting.

      Board of Supervisors Meeting time/location:
      Tuesday, April 12, 10:00 a.m.
      1415 Melody Lane
      Board of Supervisor Room, Building G
      Bisbee, AZ 85603

      Thank you for your continued support and consideration.

      Sincerely,
      Mary Jo

      Mary Jo Ballator, Host
      Ash Canyon Bed & Breakfast
      5255 E. Spring Road
      Hereford, AZ 85615
      520-378-0773
      http://AshCanyonBandB.com
      Parking is strictly limited to the parking area on my property. No parking on
      Spring Road. Admission $5 per person gives you a 24-hr access window. No public
      toilets.