Info regarding Ash Canyon B&B on the Arizona list serve.

  • Frances Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2011
      Since so many of us bird in SE Arizona I thought this would be a of great interest to the general birding community. Please write a note!

      Frances
      Lodi, CA

      ################

      Date: 3/28/11 8:01 am
      From: Mary Jo Ballator <2mjb...>
      Subject: [BIRDWG05] Potential Closure of Ash Canyon B&B Feeding Station
      Dear Birders,

      Due to a neighborhood dispute regarding public access over a private road easement, there is a very real possibility that I may have to close my property to birders after nine years of continuous operation with no complaints or opposition.

      I have already asked for support from a few of you, and I am very grateful for having received that support. The opposition has continued to escalate, however, and I am now asking for help from the extended birding community, both with e-mailing letters of support and attendance at the upcoming hearing on April 12 at 10:00 a.m. in Bisbee. I have been advised to get as many people as possible to show up at the hearing and to speak on behalf of keeping this bird feeding station open. If you wish to see this place continue, *now* is the critical time to act.

      I am hopeful that an overwhelming show of support from the birding community will go a long way toward convincing the Board of Supervisors that my feeding station is a community resource that serves many people even beyond the birding community and helps to generate a sustainable economic base for Cochise County, as well as serving the birds of these Sky Islands and beyond.

      Please reply to me off list if you require additional information, or if you can help.

      Letters (via e-mail) should contain a reference to Ash Canyon B&B and my parcel number 104-21-022, and should be written by Friday April 1, as they need time to be compiled and submitted to the decision makers well in advance of the meeting. Please send me a copy, because some previous letters of support evidently got lost in the ether.
      Send e-mail to Mr. Keith Dennis, <kdennis...> with a CC to me, <2mjb...>

      Attend the Board of Supervisors meeting and sign up to speak at the meeting. Get there a few minutes early so you can fill out a form to speak, briefly, at the meeting.
      Board of Supervisors Meeting time/location:
      Tuesday, April 12, 10:00 a.m.
      1415 Melody Lane
      Board of Supervisor Room, Building G
      Bisbee, AZ 85603

      Thank you for your continued support and consideration.

      Sincerely,
      Mary Jo

      Mary Jo Ballator, Host
      Ash Canyon Bed & Breakfast
      5255 E. Spring Road
      Hereford, AZ 85615
      520-378-0773
      http://AshCanyonBandB.com
      Parking is strictly limited to the parking area on my property. No parking on Spring Road. Admission $5 per person gives you a 24-hr access window. No public toilets.