Condors? What Condors?

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 2:50 PM
      Hello!
      Ron Cyger, Bill Myers and yours truly found Kagel Canyon in Los Angeles
      County,drove up to where it ends in a kind if "hippy" neighborhood, and
      stood around for 1/2 an hour. No Condors, BUT we were only there for a
      short while. Nice male Costa's Hummingbird, though, and some Turkey
      Vultures. There were also no hang gliders. I'm going back some other warm
      day, and taking a lawn chair and some CDs. You never know...
      Before then, we stopped at Walker Ranch, and had several Rufous and Allen's
      Hummingbirds (along with Anna's) in the Yellow Currant flowers at the foot
      of the entrance trail, along with a female Broad-tailed Hummingbird that we
      had great looks at, and heard in flight.
      Before Walker Ranch, we had started out at Hansen Dam, and had continuing
      the Lawrence's Goldfinches in the lower parking lot from the Dronfield
      entrance.

      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)
      2445 Oswego Street
      Pasadena, CA 91107