Parrots

  • Bird Uganda Safaris
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2011
      Dear Birders,

      This evening I took a walk on Ingraham Road for about 4 miles ( round
      trip), off Mission Bay , San Diego. On my way I saw bush tits, a Belted
      King fisher, and a pair parrots. They were a little high but the wingbeats
      and the call was definitely of parrots What could they be? The call wasnt of
      Grey Parrots I know from Africa.

      I got very disappointed when my new Bins ( ATLAS make), just dropped off my
      neck, and hit the road. What a pain! I got them last year. They have been
      really good. They look like the popular Swarovski.
      What happened is that the small piece which holds the strap on the bin,
      broke off. I have never seen this. At least the strap would break.

      Who ever makes these ATLAS bins need to check out. They first one which I
      bought at the Mid West Birding Symposium developed issues with pour
      visibility. I sent it back last year to the seller and he sent me a new one.
      My friend Gary Rosenburg brought it to me very intact on his tour of
      Uganda.

      Now there I am

      Good Birding.

      Herbert