LITTLE GULL @ San Jacinto Wildlife Area

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2011
      This morning, Curtis Marantz and I birded San Jacinto Wildlife Area. The best
      bird was a LITTLE GULL in a flock of Bonaparte's Gulls. The pond it was in can
      be reached by parking at the left turn on the driving loop. Walk thru the
      chained gate and the bird was to the left. It later left and was last seen
      flying near the horse ranch, maybe headed to Lake Perris. In the same general
      area were the 2 continuing PALM WARBLERS, EASTERN PHOEBE and a BANK SWALLOW. A
      young BALD EAGLE and FERRUGINOUS HAWK were also present. A very good day for San
      Jack.
      cheers..Howard King