Least Tern

  • Bird Uganda Safaris
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      Hi All,

      This morning I went our birding around The Dana hotel up to the sight where
      the least tern breeds from. I saw one bird in flight around this sight. But
      a few minutes later when a ranger who is in charge came there, he told me
      that they come in early April.

      The bird I saw had a black crown and a black bill. I was really convinced
      that it was the one. Any ideas. I know Iam visitor here of course with
      little or no knowledge about the birds of this area.

      Of course I have to say that I rushed back to my room to pick my binoculars
      when I glance at an " owl" perched on top of the hotel, only to find later
      that it was ... oops!!

      Now Iam very careful with every bird I see perched on an object.

      Behind the Bird Festival hall where we are, I saw a bird in a distance which
      clearly looked like a Whimbley. Another birder, suggested that it could be
      a Godwit. So is birding.

      I willl take another walk this evening.

      Herbert

      --