Re: [CALBIRDS] Re: Brown Shrike Question

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2011
      Tom and all,
      Use my directions. Going this way should have no impact on the plover area
      as this is way further south from where they are typically found nesting. I
      guess the plovers have nested around the ponds on occasion but most nest to
      the north of the ponds, from what I gather. Going down from Vista Point I
      believe will be gated off so the Murray Rd. access might be the remaining
      option. I'm not totally sure on the access being gated off, though.

      If the shrike continues hanging out around the south end of the south pond
      then accessing the location by the Hammond Trail at the west end of Murray
      Rd. should have little possible impact on nesting Snowy Plovers. The only
      issue with this access is crossing Widow White Creek which is typically
      pretty easy to cross with boots, especially at low tide.

      Thanks,

      Rob Fowler

      --
      Rob Fowler