Bewick's Swan at Klamath Refuge on Saturday

  • bcyutzy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      A photographer friend, along with several photographers and birders saw a Bewick's Swan with Tundra Swans on the Oregon side of the Cal Oregon line near the Klamath Refuges on Saturday.

      I reviewed a photograph of the bird and it is not a Whooper Swan, and it's size was similar to the Tundras it was with.

      I asked for the exact location and she sent me the following:

      Exact location was township road (off 97 just north of the refuge) in a flooded field. The ipad map feature named the dirt road which you cut from township road to state line highway (which ends at the out road of the auto tour by the eagle in cottonwood trees) to be called "klamath straits drain east emabankment"... the Bewick's was in the water of an irrigated field at the intersection of township road and the aquaduct as named above, south east corner of that intersection but viewed from 100 yards in from township road. It was with mostly all tundras and one lone Canada Goose.

      I can email a copy of the photo to anyone requesting it.

      Bob Yutzy
      Shasta