Re: [CALBIRDS] California Birding Websites and Resources [Festivals]

  • Chuck & Lillian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2011
      Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society also has a list of California bird festivals (and 2 in adjacent states), which we plan on updating & posting twice a year, late summer and early winter.
      We'd do it once a year in August and give birders plenty of advanced notice, but many of the festivals don't settle on a date until 2-4 months before their festival.
      Link: http://smbasblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/california-bird-festivals-2010-2011/

      Sandy - Why don't we share info. when we get it, so as to keep these lists accurate?
      I have a few on the list that you don't have. Feel free to add them to yours.
      Also: A couple of your festivals show the dates for 2010, but you don't actually say they're 2010 and not 2011, which can mislead people.

      TO ALL FESTIVAL PLANNERS: Send us your dates when you settle on them and we'll get them ASAP onto the website.

      Chuck Almdale
      North Hills, Ca.