Cal Condors in San Fernando Valley (L A Times article)

  • Thomas Miko
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      For those of you who don't receive/read the Los Angeles Times (my
      conservative friends think it's the LA version of Pravda, while my liberal
      friends think it's a front for the Republican Party), or missed the
      Wednesday 3/27/02 edition, the B section has a front page article about the
      recent presence of imature male California Condors in the northern San
      Fernando Valley. I'm going to take a look Saturday, assuming that the
      weather's nice and warm, providing thermals.
      The article says that the Condors have been associating with hang gliders
      that fly above Kegel Canyon. Steve Sosensky tells me that this is near
      Hansen Dam, where the Lawrence's Goldinches have been. The article does not
      specify how long Condors have been hanging out in this area, or how many,
      but mentions "up to three."
      Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)
      2445 Oswego Street
      Pasadena, CA 91107