Disturbing news on watching the Brown Shrike in McKinleyville, CA

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2011
      Hi Birders

      It has been brought to my attention that on Saturday, my friends
      witnessed the morning of 1/8/11, a birder with his unleashed dog
      running around the area where the shrike had been seen. Also,
      birders were wandering aimlessly about, some going up to the bush
      where the shrike had been seen. Honestly, these are birders out of
      control. There are plenty of birders going up to experience this bird
      and why would anyone go out of their way to flush the bird and
      disturb its habitat is plain selfish and egotistical.

      Bottom line, get to the pile of burned palettes between the two ponds
      and wait for the shrike to come into view for your enjoyment and
      watch it live its temporary visit. There are plenty of email
      messages on Calbirds to follow the directions for the location where
      the shrike is being seen.

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA