- I saw the continuing Brown Shrike from 08:45 to 9:00am this morning, Dec
31. It was between the two ponds (closer to the south pond) on the west
- Hi All: I found the Brown Shrike yesterday in the previously found area. I had GREAT looks at the bird out in open in bright sunlight between 1:15 and 1:45 PM. He was located south of the north pond.
Granite Bay, CA
Would someone be so kind as to send me specific directions to the Brown Shrike ‘hotspot’?
I have been scrolling through the posted messages trying to find them without any luck. I live in Oakland, a 300-mile haul and I’d like it to be a success.
Thanks very much!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Look at my post on this listserv from 11 Jan. Directions are STILL the same.
The bird was reported today to the Northwestern California Birdbox 707.822.LOON.
--- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Ruffer <aruffer@...> wrote:
> Would someone be so kind as to send me specific directions to the Brown Shrike âhotspotâ?
> I have been scrolling through the posted messages trying to find them without any luck. I live in Oakland, a 300-mile haul and Iâd like it to be a success.
> Thanks very much!
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Confirmed Brown Shrike at 10:39am using scope from cliff slide. The bird was vocalizing and pumping tail probably in distress from the photographer who was getting close.
Long Beach, CA
- This morning Debbie and I arrived at the high dune overlooking the south pond at about 8:20. A visiting birder from Maryland had the Brown Shrike in the scope and had been watching the bird for about 45 minutes. We had satisfying looks for about 15-20 minutes before the bird disappered. About 30 minutes later after the Maryland birder departed we spotted the Brown Shrike about 2/3 the distance back to the Mad River. The bird was promintly perched and hunting. We watched it for anther 15-20 minutes before is disappeard.
- I found the Brown Shrike this afternoon at 1:40 between the north and south ponds. I entered from the letz road parking area as per the latest update on NARBA. After descending the bluff I scanned around from near the trail and found the bird 50 or so yards off to the north. It showed nicely for 3 or 4 min.