- I saw the continuing Brown Shrike from 08:45 to 9:00am this morning, Dec
31. It was between the two ponds (closer to the south pond) on the west
- Hi All: I found the Brown Shrike yesterday in the previously found area. I had GREAT looks at the bird out in open in bright sunlight between 1:15 and 1:45 PM. He was located south of the north pond.
Granite Bay, CA
Would someone be so kind as to send me specific directions to the Brown Shrike ‘hotspot’?
I have been scrolling through the posted messages trying to find them without any luck. I live in Oakland, a 300-mile haul and I’d like it to be a success.
Thanks very much!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Look at my post on this listserv from 11 Jan. Directions are STILL the same.
The bird was reported today to the Northwestern California Birdbox 707.822.LOON.
--- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Ruffer <aruffer@...> wrote:
> Would someone be so kind as to send me specific directions to the Brown Shrike âhotspotâ?
> I have been scrolling through the posted messages trying to find them without any luck. I live in Oakland, a 300-mile haul and Iâd like it to be a success.
> Thanks very much!
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Confirmed Brown Shrike at 10:39am using scope from cliff slide. The bird was vocalizing and pumping tail probably in distress from the photographer who was getting close.
Long Beach, CA
- This morning Debbie and I arrived at the high dune overlooking the south pond at about 8:20. A visiting birder from Maryland had the Brown Shrike in the scope and had been watching the bird for about 45 minutes. We had satisfying looks for about 15-20 minutes before the bird disappered. About 30 minutes later after the Maryland birder departed we spotted the Brown Shrike about 2/3 the distance back to the Mad River. The bird was promintly perched and hunting. We watched it for anther 15-20 minutes before is disappeard.
- I found the Brown Shrike this afternoon at 1:40 between the north and south ponds. I entered from the letz road parking area as per the latest update on NARBA. After descending the bluff I scanned around from near the trail and found the bird 50 or so yards off to the north. It showed nicely for 3 or 4 min.
- BirdersI saw the shrike this morning in the reddish willows above and left of the squarish field described several times. This was about 11:10 this morning. Initially it was off the right end of an old road heading toward the house. As I was refocusing it flew downslope and I lost it.Chet OganEureka, CASent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
- The BROWN SHRIKE was still present this afternoon at the mouth of Alder
Creek. It was mostly on the hillside across the creek just west of the
overlook. Photos at...
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
Brown Shrike was re-located today 24th, across creek Steve Brown from Colorado had just re-located it in brown bush above the fence line . For me it was Plan A all the way!