Modoc birds - 12/29

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2010
      My father Vernon and I checked the Sugar Hill area of Goose Lake (Modoc Co.) late morning/early afternoon today (12/29), failing to find any of the Bohemian Waxwings reported on the Modoc-Siskiyou birding listserve. We also checked residential Alturas without success. Modoc NWR, just south of Alturas, had 6-8 continuing Trumpeter Swans, although we failed to find the Bewick's Swan.

      Be sure to check the Caltrans road conditions website before venturing up to this part of the state, as the recent storm(s) have deposited much snow, and not all roads are currently passable.

      Best,

      Andrew Howe
      Riverside,CA
      howe395@...