Follow up on banded Ruddy Turnstone at Ballona Creek

  • sjnishio@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2010
      Good morning,

      Thanks to Ed Pandolfino for forwarding my Sunday post, to Jim Helmericks, in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Jim is fairly certain that the banded Ruddy Turnstone, I photographed at Ballona Creek, is a bird he banded in northern Alaska, in May 2005. Steve and I went back on Monday, 12/27/10, to see if we could find it again and get more of the numbers off the legband. We found two other Ruddies, but they did not have legbands.

      For those of you who routinely walk along Ballona Creek or occasionally visit, look for Jim's Ruddy Turnstones.

      all the best,
      Susie Nishio
      Sacramento, CA