Brown Shrike today 12/19

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2010
      Hi all,
      In between downpours, Larry Maurin, Scott and Linda Terrill, others and
      myself got great views of the Brown Shrike starting at about 1115. The bird
      was once again present in between the 2 ponds. We all viewed it from right
      around the end of the trail at the base of the bluffs. There's a nice higher
      spot here that is just north of the obvious pipe below the bluffs and made
      for some nice scope views.

      Larry found it within five minutes of arriving to this area in between the
      ponds. Scan, scan and scan again.........

      Oh, and this bird was just outside of the Arcata CBC circle so we did NOT
      get it on the count.

      --
      Rob Fowler
      McKinleyville, CA