Janunary 2011: 1st World Parrot Count. You can help!

  • roelant_jonker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      Dear parrot researchers and parrot friends,

      You are cordially invited to join the "World Parrot Count". We, Roelant Jonker and Michael Braun of the "extra-tropical department" of the Parrot Researchers Group of the International Ornithological Union (IOU), would like to initiate the first global parrot census this January in order to get much needed scientific data about parrots living in cities around the globe. This count is intended to become an annual event. For further information please visit the following website:
      http://www.cml.leiden.edu/parrot.html

      If you have any questions please contact us via the following E-mail-address:
      parrotcount@...

      Please feel free to forward this message to everybody who could be interested. We would like to create a global parrot community of professional researchers, field ornithologists as well as amateur naturalist that will enable us to measure the development of native and non-native parrots living in cities.

      See you at the roost!

      All best,

      Roelant Jonker (Leiden University, The Netherlands)
      Michael Braun (Heidelberg University, Germany)