[ADMIN] viruses

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2001
      Hi Calbirders,

      I've been receiving emails about people on the list receiving viruses.
      Since viruses are delivered by email attachments, Calbirds is set to filter
      all attachments. You will not get a virus through this list.

      If you do not have anti-virus protection yet, please read on.

      However, given the current state of viruses on the internet, it is
      unconscionable to send or receive email without up-to-date virus
      protection. If you don't have an anti-virus program, go to
      http://www.symantec.com/nav or http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/clinic/ and buy
      one. I use McAfee Clinic, which updates itself automatically every day.

      If you receive a virus, delete it. If it is from someone you know, email
      them and tell them.

      If you discover you have a virus, close your email program. Then run your
      virus program and have it scan your hard disk(s). If your virus program did
      not detect the virus, go to their web site and check for updates.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...>, <mailto:mobile@...>

      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34*09'02" N, 118*22'47" W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22