Falcated Duck etc

  • Stephen J. Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2002
      The male FALCATED DUCK was still present at Honey Lake Wildlife Area
      yesterday morning (25th). The bird was showing well at the pond on the
      north side of Fish & Game Rd - Mike Feighner's directions in his post of
      24th will get you to the exact spot.

      Also of interest in this general area:

      On Mapes Rd, 1 mile north of the intersection of Mapes and Fish & Game
      Rd, the NORTHERN SHRIKE was perching conspicuously in small, leafless
      trees on the west side of the road.

      Earlier in the morning, 9 male GREATER SAGE-GROUSE were displaying on
      the Shaffer Lek, located to the north of Honey Lake along route 395.

      In Janesville, a quick drive down Main St produced at least 5 LEWIS'
      WOODPECKERS.

      Stephen J. Davies
      San Francisco

      "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars.
      The rest I just squandered"

      -George Best