Black-thr. Blue@Oceano; NEW Ivory Gull location

  • Brad Schram
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2010
      I just got a call from Mark Shiel (sp?) at Oceano. He was looking at a female BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER near campground 70.

      Wes Fritz just told me that this morning the adult IVORY GULL is cycling back and forth between the original seal carcass on the beach at the end of Grand Avenue (Pismo Beach) and a second seal carcass beneath the Kon Tiki Hotel in north Pismo Beach, near the wooden steps down to the beach. A Google map request will pinpoint the Kon Tiki.

      The new carcass is good news, maybe predicting a longer stay--the original carcass is past its sell-by date.

      Brad Schram
      Arroyo Grande, CA
      http://flickr.com/photos/chaparralbrad/