New Burrowing Owl Documentary

  • torusert
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      Here is a new documentary on the Western Burrowing Owl that was promised from the SV Burrowing Owl Consortium Meeting. We are working on establishing a neckless of six or more simple artificial habitats in Southern Sonoma with private landowners, the land trust and winery's. Our winter population here will be monitored closely... so we know where the species feels most safe here...in hopes of restoring potential future nesting sites which were last recorded in the mid 80's on Skagg's Island. We appreciate any assistance with this effort and hope to present a progress report in Sacramento at the winter burrowing owl consortium meeting.
      http://www.scvas.org/index.php?page=text&id=bowl_documentary

      tom rusert
      sonoma, ca.

      PS: Mountain Lion Nature Lecture scheduled for 12/2. More info at -http://www.sonomabirding.org/