Re: [CB] Little Gull Humboldt County

  • Joseph Morlan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2010
      On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:06:25 -0400 (EDT), Quiavispetit
      <QuiAvisPetit@...> wrote:

      >Today around 12pm Leslie Tucci, Chris Murry, and I found a juvenile LITTLE GULL on the Eel River at the end of Cannibal Island Rd near the town of Loleta. We were soon joined by several other birders including Sean McAllister, Matt Wachs, Tony Kurz and Dave Spangenburg. We got great looks and photos of the bird both in flight and standing. Around 145pm the bird flew upriver giving a couple lucky birders a quick look before it disappeared. Hopefully it will be stick around.

      Sean McAllister's photo has been posted on the WFO web site:

      http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/

      Click through for full-size.

      Enjoy!
      --
      Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
      SF Birding Classes start Nov 2 http://fog.ccsf.edu/jmorlan/