Sonoma County Breeding Bird Atlas Update

  • Lisa Hug
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2010
        The 5 year survey period for the 2nd edition of the Sonoma County
      Breeding Bird Atlas will begin in January of 2011.  If you would like to
      volunteer for the atlas project, you must attend an orientation.
      Orientations are scheduled on the following dates:   Wednesday, November
      10, 6-8 pm Saturday, November 13, 3-5 pm   Both orientations will be held
      at the Santa Rosa Water Treatment Plant at 4300 Llano Road in Santa Rosa.
      For questions or to sign up, please contact Veronica Bowers (me) at
      vlbowers@....    Requests for specific block assignments may be
      made in advance to Bob Speckels at robertspeckels@... but blocks will
      not necessarily be assigned by ‘first come, first served’ and none will
      be assigned before Nov 10.   Sunday, January 2, 2011 - A little early for
      an announcement, but I'm just really excited about it!  Contact me at
      vlbowers@... if you would like to count or have questions.  We also
      need a few volunteers to help set-up and clean-up for the post count
      dinner, so please contact me if you're interested in helping with this.
      Veronica Bowers Madrone Audubon Society

      --
      Veronica Bowers, Director
      The Songbird Hospital of Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue

      (707) 484-6502

      Lisa Hug
      Sebastopol, CA