The CVB Symposium is Close

  • Cheri Pillsbury
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2010
      It's only a month until it's time for the best birding event in the West!  Okay,
      I'm prejudiced.  But register soon, as some of the field trips have filled and
      you may not get your choice if you wait too long.

      The 14th Annual Central Valley Birding Symposium is to be held at the Hilton in
      Stockton, CA, Nov. 18-21, 2010.  Sponsored by the Central Valley Bird Club,
      we've won a reputation for throwing quite an event.

      This year for our evening programs we have amazing photographer and author Paul
      Bannick giving a program based on his book and research into “The Owls and
      Woodpeckers of the West”.  Author of dozens of books and articles and
      award-winning photographer Moose Petersen will give a presentation on
      “California’s Threatened and Endangered Birds”.

      Workshops include Jon Dunn on sparrows and Joe Morlan’s shorebird ID workshop
      focusing on loons and grebes.  There are many others, ranging from Central
      Valley Raptors to Beginning Birding and digiscoping to bird sketching.

      Our field trips always turn up exciting birds.  Add in the always entertaining
      and educational Bird ID Panel, the wonderful display of art and gifts for
      yourself or others at the Birder’s Market and the camaraderie of hundreds of
      like-minded folks, and you know you’ll have a good time!

      For more information or registration go to the website at www.cvbs.org or
      contact Frances Oliver at hummer52@...   See you there!

      Cheri Pillsbury
      Central Valley Birding Symposium