Fwd: [nwcalbird] Cassin's Sparrow YES in Humboldt

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2010
      Hi all,
      Below is Sean McAllister's message to NWCALBIRD that got garbled up on
      sialia.com for some reason. Many of us got excellent views of the bird this
      morning shortly after Sean initially refound the bird. I added the area code
      to the birdbox # for any out-of-towners that are interested in chasing the
      bird and want to listen to the messages.

      Sean got photos of the bird which I'm sure he'll share later......

      Rob Fowler

      0930-1100

      The CASSIN'S SPARROW continues today, in the location described on the bird
      box (707.822-5666). Approximately 1/2 - 3/4 mile downstream from the
      shoreline market in Orick, along the south levee road. Look for a rock on
      the stream side of the road with "23" painted on it. Thats the spot.
      I also had two SWAMP SPARROWS and a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD nearby there.

      Sean McAllister
      Orick