Freaky Shearwater

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010
      Hello, Birders,

      On the September 12, 2010 pelagic trip from Monterey, we found a
      leucistic PINK-FOOTED SHEARWATER. It was one of the most amazing
      individuals that I have ever seen. Although I have seen and
      photographed the dark Pink-footed Shearwaters, I have never seen a
      leucistic Pink-foot. It is easy to see how a quick fly-by the boat
      might cause one to mistake this individual for some other species.
      Photographs by Quinn Passey and Vaughan Ashyby are at the following
      link:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2010/09/odd-shearwater-12-
      september-2010.html

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      South Georgia: Oct 18- Nov 4, 2010; Antarctica, South Georgia &
      Falkland Islands: Nov 4-22, 2010